Fruity Thai Pita Pockets
• 1 15-oz can Tropical Fruit
Salad in 100% Juice
• 4 whole-grain pita pocket
• 4 cups fresh spinach, torn
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In a colander over a bowl, drain fruit salad well; reserve 3 tbsp juice.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together reserved juice, peanut butter, cream
cheese and soy sauce.
3. Place drained fruit, spinach and cilantro (if desired) in bowl, mix
4. Add sauce and toss.
5. Slice a small portion off each pita and tuck sliver inside at the bottom.
6. Fill each pita pocket with the fruit-spinach mixture.
7. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Will keep well overnight.
Bored with the same old sandwich at lunch? Liven up packed
lunches with this Thai-influenced pita pocket: a surprising blend
of fruits, spinach and peanut sauce tucked in a very portable pita
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Time-saving idea: Purchase pre-opened pita pockets.
• 3 tbsp reserved juice from
Tropical Fruit Salad
• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter,
• 3 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
• 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
Recipe Submitted by Produce For Better Health Foundation
Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion